Patient Care Manager - 267-20
|Open Date||Jan 06 2021 - 09:43:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 20 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Patient Care Manager - 267-20||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time|
|Department Group||8 North - Medical Rehabilitative Care; 8 South - Medical and Orthopaedic Rehabilitative Care||Hours per Week||37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required|
|Education||Master's Degree||Experience||3 years|
Patient Care Manager – Medical Rehabilitation, 8 North/8 South
Job Type Full time
Department Medical Rehabilitation, 8 North and 8 South
Employee Group Non-union
Hours (Subject to change) 37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required
SHS (SHS) is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Circle of Care - working together to create a premier exemplar of an integrated health system that provides better, more coordinated care for its patients. SHS combines acute care, complex and rehabilitative care, primary care, home care, and other community-based services to create an innovative and integrated continuum of care across the life course, from healthy beginnings to healthy aging. This focus provides an enhanced ability to meet the needs of complex and high need patients. SHS creates care models for patients who require support from all segments of the healthcare system enabling seamless transitions and improve patient experience and improved outcome.
SHS is fully affiliated with the University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine, expanding the scope of the Wightman Berris Academy and developing the clinical, educational and investigative synergies, among complex acute and chronic conditions, and rehabilitation.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Patient Care Manager for Medical Rehabilitation (8 North and 8 South) at our Bridgepoint Active Healthcare Campus.
The Patient Care Manager reports to the Senior Director, Rehabilitation and Ambulatory Care. This is a dynamic position that will drive leading edge strategies and innovation in care for patients with a broad range of complex medical conditions and rehabilitative needs. The manager is responsible for overall programming and the functional and operational performance of the portfolio, including evaluation and effective management of all resources including human, fiscal and environmental within applicable legislative and procedural requirements. The Patient Care Manager is an integral role within of the SHS leadership team and the ideal candidate is a healthcare leader who has taken on progressive leadership roles within their career and is an academic with a passion for lifelong learning and providing a supportive environment for learners. The manager will lead the skilled interprofessional team and ensure the delivery of high quality care for patients and families which reflects the vision, mission, values and philosophy of care of Sinai Health System.
The Patient Care Manager has key responsibilities in the following areas:
Leadership and Management of Unit Operations:
- Acts as a visible and effective leader and manager for the portfolio
- Works with program operational and clinical leads to establish goals and objectives for the delivery of care and services for target populations and strategies for growth
- Works with program operational and clinical leads to set direction and define priorities for service delivery for both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Collaborates with internal and external key stakeholders to advance the evaluation and integration of relevant evidenced based best practices.
- Maintains strong linkages to external community agencies, academic and acute care partners to benchmark and develop best in class patient care, research and academic advancement; identifies and capitalizes on emerging trends and opportunities
- Creates an environment to support a transparent workplace culture that promotes system and process safety and ensures identification of incidents and adverse events, learning and open communication of such events
- Fosters an environment that promotes partnerships among patients, families and health professionals and evaluates patient satisfaction with care processes
- Ensures systems are in place for effective delivery of quality patient care and management of human resources on a 24 hour basis
- Provides Clinical Management On-Call coverage on a rotating basis
- Contributes to hospital policy and procedure development
- Provides leadership for committees, task forces and clinical projects
Quality and performance management and improvement
- Monitors quality, performance and financial indicators and targets and manages processes that support continuous quality improvement, patient safety and risk management objectives in achieving safe and efficient delivery of patient care
- Actively contributes to achieving Sinai Health System’s Quality Aims through an environment of continuous quality improvement
- Applies quality improvement and risk management approaches through regular monitoring of patient and staff health and safety concerns
- Promotes inter-professesional collaboration, team work and effective communication to support a Patient Safety Culture Able to identify the individual(s) and environmental factors that can affect patient safety or service
- Facilitates implementation of processes established to support staff compliance with and accountability for current legislation, professional college accountabilities and standards at Sinai Health System
- Works with professional practice leadership and clinical leads to embed inter-professional team approaches within care delivery
- Provides and environment that encourages academic and scholarly work including teaching and education, research and applicability of evidenced based care
Human Resource Management
- Promotes principles of a healthy work environment, shared governance, staff empowerment and distributed leadership to optimize the use of organizational roles to full scope and encourage a culture of engagement, accountability and collaboration
- Collaborates with Human Resources in unit based staff recruitment processes, including interviews and candidate selection and coordination of their orientation
- Promotes self-directed, independent inter-professional approaches among health team members
- Monitors staff performance, provides just in time performance feedback, conducts formal performance reviews, identifies performance issues and fosters staff development
- Promotes, builds and sustains effective inter-professional teams
- Manages labour relations issues in accordance with college requirements, contractual obligations and registration requirements
- Promptly investigates and follows up on employee health and safety concerns, adhering to health and safety legislation
- Takes appropriate action to deal with performance management issues in a timely manner and liaises with Human Resources as appropriate
- Effectively introduces and manages unit based and organizational change and supports staff through the change process
- Fosters a positive collaborative interprofessional work environment through the development and support of effective communication processes
- Defines and maintains clear lines of communication with all members of the health care team and with other departments within the organization, community groups and professional organizations
- Provides consultative services to internal and external consumers
- Liaises with internal and external experts to access resources for implementing best practices and integrated academic program planning
- Baccalaureate degree with a Health Science Focus, Nursing Preferred for this role
- Master’s degree in nursing, health or business administration, or health disciplines required
- Current registration with a professional college under the Regulated Health Professions Act
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a health care environment preferably in a unionized environment and a minimum of 2 years relevant clinical experience
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may also be considered.
- Demonstrated compassionate care and understanding of medical care and rehabilitation journey
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to work effectively in an inter-professional team
- Strong mentorship, facilitation, team building and continuous quality improvement skills
- Knowledgeable about hospital policies and procedures, relevant legislation, collective agreements, e.g. Accreditation Canada Standards, Regulated Health Professions Act (Ontario)
- Good knowledge of management principles and their application in practice
- Established ability to facilitate evidenced based practice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in managing people and Human Resource processes
- Knowledge of health care disciplines in clinical services and their scopes of practice
- Experience fostering a positive work environment through the development and support of effective communication processes
- Experience in monitoring staff performance by actively participating in formal performance reviews and engaging in staff development initiatives
- Strong conflict management skills including the ability to handle difficult situations
- Ability to effectively and positively adapt to and lead change
- Solid judgment, analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, and a strong ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Experience responding to large numbers of simultaneous demands from patients, families, staff, physicians, Human Resources, etc.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history
Salary To be determined
Open Date: January 6, 2021
Posting Deadline: January 20, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to apply through our website at: http://www.bridgepointhealth.ca/en/join-our-team/careers.asp
Applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com