Registered Nurse, Medical and Orthopaedic Rehabilitative Care - 405-21
|Open Date||Oct 26 2021 - 01:31:00 PM||Close Date||Nov 09 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Registered Nurse, Medical and Orthopaedic Rehabilitative Care - 405-21||Posting Type||Nursing|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Part Time|
|Department Group||8 South - Medical and Orthopaedic Rehabilitative Care||Hours per Week||Day/Night rotation; 8-hour shifts|
Job Type: Regular Part Time
Department: 8 South
Employee Group: CUPE Local 79 – Nurses & Paramedical
Sinai Health is a leading academic health science centre with a provincial, national and international reputation for discovering and delivering life-changing care. Since 2015, we have provided excellent and compassionate care in hospital, community and home. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and our system partner Circle of Care, we translate scientific breakthroughs, push boundaries for health solutions, and educates future clinical and scientific leaders.
Sinai Health is fully committed to a culture of belonging and an inclusive environment that attracts and retains a diverse workforce, at all levels of the organization, that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and those from diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know through the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800, ext. 7050, or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org .
At Sinai Health, we care, create possibilities and offer hope. We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to support our 8 South department.
Nursing Scope of Practice Statement:
“The practice of nursing is the promotion of health and the assessment of, the provision of care for and the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means in order to attain or maintain optimal function” (CNO, 2004, p. 3).
The Registered Nurse provides comprehensive, quality patient/family centred health care services and:
• Has the knowledge, skills and judgement needed to provide competent, evidence-based nursing practice
• Shall be responsible for meeting the standards and exercising judgement for providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards (2002), Guidelines for ethical behaviour (CNO, 2005c), Bridgepoint Hospital’s Policies, Procedures and Protocols regarding the standards of care appropriate to his or her area of clinical practice
• Provides nursing care in collaboration with the patient, significant others and interprofessional team
• Shall be responsible for all new admissions and the admission assessment
• Provides leadership and contributes to an environment that fosters interprofessional collaborative practice and quality/safe patient care practices
• Is responsible for establishing a patient care plan based on bio-psychosocial and spiritual needs assessment and integrating other health professionals’ recommendations
Consistent with the philosophy of Bridgepoint Hospital and the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Model, the Registered Nurse shall involve patients, and their families in developing the plan of care and in facilitating choice among care options so that care is individualized according to each patient’s needs. The Registered Nurse also solicits patients’ and family input to evaluate their own care, promote disease self-management and health promotion activities to improve care for all patients.
Education & Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in nursing preferred
• Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Recent completion of a physical assessment course preferred
• Familiarity with:
• Regulated Health Professions Act
• Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS
• Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Bridgepoint Hospital’s policies, procedures and standards
• Current BCLS certification
• Superior assessment and clinical skills
• Demonstrated ability in providing patient-focused care
• Proven ability to make decisions and manage workload in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of oral and written English
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others including patients and their families
• Evidence of satisfactory attendance and punctuality
• Computer proficiency
• Must have physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role, as determined by the needs of the position and based on assessment conducted by Occupational Health Services
• Demonstrated satisfactory job performance and attendance history required
Open Date: October 26, 2021
Posting Deadline: November 9, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to apply through our website at: http://www.bridgepointhealth.ca/en/join-our-team/careers.asp
Applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.email@example.com