|Open Date||Oct 03 2017||Close Date||Oct 17 2017|
|Position Title||Student - Data Consolidation Assistant||Posting Type||Administration|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Information Management||Hours per Week||Monday-Friday (the majority of hours from 0900 to 1700hrs)|
|Department||Information Management Services||Openings||1|
Student - Data Consolidation Assistant
Job Type Temporary Full Time (Approximately 6 months)
Department Information Management
Hours (Subject to change) Monday to Friday (the majority of hours from 0900 to 1700 hrs)
Under the direction and supervision of the Manager and/or Team Lead, Information Services, the Data Consolidation Assistant will be responsible for gathering appropriate data from source, compiling and creating a specific database. The holder of this position will actively participate in the coordination of planning and preparation of consolidating data from different sources, with the work subject to a quality assurance control by the Information Services team.
Key Functions Include:
- Prepares source data as assigned (eg. from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) website or any other identified approved source data by the team).
- Processes source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies, resolving discrepancies by standard procedures and/or escalate to the manager for resolution.
- Input and maintain data into consolidation spreadsheet in timely and accurate manner
- Maintains data integrity by following data program techniques and procedures.
- Secures information by completing data base backups
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Follow up with any items which remain outstanding or otherwise needing clarification which were discovered during the consolidation process
- Maintains confidentiality and protects business operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other information consolidation work as required or assigned by the Manager.
- Grade 12 Ontario high school diploma
- Preferred: Certification in a Computer Science course or equivalent from an accredited Ccllege
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent is an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS office applications (Word, Excel) and Outlook
- Solid data entry skills with attention to details in managing a database
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work and delegated tasks with minimum supervision required
Salary To Be Determined
Open Date October 3, 2017
Posting Deadline October 17, 2017