Registered Nurse - 244-20
|Open Date||Dec 10 2020 - 01:31:00 PM||Close Date||Jan 25 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Registered Nurse - 244-20||Posting Type||Nursing|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||8 North - Medical Rehabilitative Care; 8 South - Medical and Orthopaedic Rehabilitative Care||Hours per Week||Must be available for Evenings/Nights; 8 Hour Shifts|
Job Type: Full Time Temporary (Approx. 5 months)
Department: 8 North/8 South
Employee Group: CUPE Local 79 – Nurses & Paramedical
Rotation: Must be available Evenings/Nights; 8 Hour Shifts
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare is looking for a Registered Nurse to support our 8 North/8 South department.
Nursing Scope of Practice Statement:
“The practice of nursing is the promotion of health and the assessment of, the provision of care for and the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means in order to attain or maintain optimal function” (CNO, 2004, p. 3).
The Registered Nurse provides comprehensive, quality patient/family centred health care services and:
- Has the knowledge, skills and judgement needed to provide competent, evidence-based nursing practice
- Shall be responsible for meeting the standards and exercising judgement for providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards (2002), Guidelines for ethical behaviour (CNO, 2005c), Bridgepoint Hospital’s Policies, Procedures and Protocols regarding the standards of care appropriate to his or her area of clinical practice
- Provides nursing care in collaboration with the patient, significant others and interprofessional team
- Shall be responsible for all new admissions and the admission assessment
- Provides leadership and contributes to an environment that fosters interprofessional collaborative practice and quality/safe patient care practices
- Is responsible for establishing a patient care plan based on bio-psychosocial and spiritual needs assessment and integrating other health professionals’ recommendations
Consistent with the philosophy of Bridgepoint Hospital and the Chronic Disease Prevention and Management Model, the Registered Nurse shall involve patients, and their families in developing the plan of care and in facilitating choice among care options so that care is individualized according to each patient’s needs. The Registered Nurse also solicits patients’ and family input to evaluate their own care, promote disease self-management and health promotion activities to improve care for all patients.
Education & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in nursing preferred
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course preferred
- Familiarity with:
- Regulated Health Professions Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS
- Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bridgepoint Hospital’s policies, procedures and standards
- Current BCLS certification
- Superior assessment and clinical skills
- Demonstrated ability in providing patient-focused care
- Proven ability to make decisions and manage workload in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of oral and written English
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others including patients and their families
- Evidence of satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Computer proficiency
- Must have physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role, as determined by the needs of the position and based on assessment conducted by Occupational Health Services
- Demonstrated satisfactory job performance and attendance history required
Open Date: December 10, 2020
Posting Deadline: January 25, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to apply through our website at: http://www.bridgepointhealth.ca/en/join-our-team/careers.asp
Applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org