Advanced Practice Nurse – Wound Care - 427-19
|Open Date||Nov 22 2019 - 03:46:00 PM||Close Date||Dec 26 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Advanced Practice Nurse – Wound Care - 427-19||Posting Type||Nursing|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Full Time Temporary|
|Department Group||Nursing Education||Hours per Week||37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required|
|Education||Master's Degree||Experience||3 - 5 years|
Advanced Practice Nurse – Wound Care
Job Type Full time temporary (approximately 8 months)
Department Nursing Education
Employee Group Non-union
Hours (Subject to change) 37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care for complex patients.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for an Advanced Practice Nurse – Wound Care to support our Nursing Education department.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) utilizes a graduate educational preparation, in-depth nursing knowledge and expertise in meeting the health needs of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations. It involves:
- Analyzing and synthesizing knowledge
- Understanding, interpreting and applying nursing theory and research
- Developing and advancing nursing knowledge and the profession as a whole providing leadership and promoting excellence in patient focused clinical care in collaboration with the patient, family and interprofessional team (CNA, 2008).
The APN will provide patient and family-centred consultation and care planning for complex patients across Bridgepoint Hospital from admission to discharge as a member of the interprofessional team, with a focus on complex wounds, ostomies and continence. The APN will provide leadership, mentorship, education and support to the nursing, medical and health disciplines staff across the Sinai Health System. The APN will also conduct research and quality improvement initiatives.
- Master’s degree required (or in progress) in Nursing or other health related science
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing from a recognized University required
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Relevant speciality certificate i.e. Wound Management, Enterostomal Therapy an asset
- 3-5 years recent related clinical experience
- Expert knowledge in a clinical nursing specialty
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, curriculum development, and teaching learning strategies
- Adult education and program development experience
- Knowledge of statistics and ability to analyse and synthesize fiscal and patient care data
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, organizational, problem solving and decision making skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Meditech or computerized documentation skills
Salary To be determined
Open Date: November 22, 2019
Posting Deadline: December 26, 2019
All applications must be submitted by no later than 4:30 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org