Registered Practical Nurse - 012-21
|Open Date||Jan 13 2021 - 11:52:00 AM||Close Date||Jan 27 2021 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Registered Practical Nurse - 012-21||Posting Type||Nursing|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Casual|
|Department Group||10 North - Palliative Care||Hours per Week||Varies; 8-hour shifts; must be available for all shifts (evenings, nights, weekends)|
|Department||Specialized Medical Complex Care||Openings||1|
Registered Practical Nurse
Job Type: Casual Relief
Department: 10 North
Employee Group: CUPE Local 79 – Service
In 2015, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, Circle of Care, Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and Mount Sinai Hospital, came together to form Sinai Health System – and leverage our collective expertise and create a system that better responds to the changing needs of our patients, families and clients. Sinai Health has a bold vision and strategy for the future: To create Canada's leading integrated health system pushing the boundaries to realize the best health and care from healthy beginnings to healthy aging for people with complex health needs.
A key enabler of this vision is Sinai Health’s People Plan – which provides an explicit commitment to our people about our commitment to creating a workplace culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to ultimately provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers.
To support us on our journey, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare is looking for a Registered Practical Nurse to support our 10 North department.
Nursing Scope of Practice Statement:
“The Practice of Nursing is the promotion of health and the assessment of, the provision of care for and the treatment of health conditions by supportive, preventive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means in order to attain or maintain optimal function.” (CNO, 2004, p.3).
• The Registered Practical Nurse has the knowledge, skills and judgement needed to provide competent, evidence-based nursing practice to selected patients, conformed to the complexity and predictability of their health condition.
• The Registered Practical Nurse shall be responsible for meeting the standards and exercising judgement for providing safe, competent and ethical nursing care as outlined in the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice and Guidelines for Ethical Behaviour.
• The Registered Practical Nurse creates and strengthens an environment conducive to professional and personal growth.
• The Registered Practical Nurse provides nursing care in collaboration with the patient, significant others and interprofessional team.
Registered Practical Nurses can be assigned patients with complexity of care needs that are well defined and established, who have predictable outcomes and manageable responses.
Registered Practical Nurses are assigned to patients after the admission and assessment is completed by a Registered Nurse and the patient meets the above criteria.
Education & Qualifications:
• Diploma from a recognized RPN training program preferred or equivalent
• Registered Practical Nurse with current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
• If graduated prior to 1995, must have medication administration certificate from an approved community college or equivalent course
• Physical assessment course preferred
• Familiarity with:
• Regulated Health Professions Act
• Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS
• Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Bridgepoint Hospital’s policies and procedures
• Current BCLS
• Excellent assessment and clinical skills
• Demonstrated ability in providing patient-focused care
• Proven ability to make decisions and manage workload in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Sound knowledge of oral and written English
• Demonstrated ability to work with others including patients and their families
• Computer proficiency
• Demonstrated satisfactory job performance and attendance history required
Open Date: January 13, 2021
Posting Deadline: January 27, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to apply through our website at: http://www.bridgepointhealth.ca/en/join-our-team/careers.asp
Applications received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
Sinai Health is committed to fostering a culture and environment that is safe, caring, equitable, compassionate and accountable in order to provide optimal care to patients and their family caregivers. As such, all employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training. In accordance with Sinai Health policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Sinai Health is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at any Sinai Health site. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by Sinai Health's accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org